This week was a big one in Lizzy Land. So I thought I would do a little recap on this Saturday evening and give some updates on my pattern progress!
Almost finished writing and testing all the different sizes for my Tunisian crochet orchid pattern. This has been my passion project for months, and I'm soooo excited to publish the pattern and make a video tutorial.
On top of all of this, I had extensions put into my hair, which made me realize I really really hate the feeling of long hair. Not even 6 days of having them, I decided to just chop it all off and I've never been happier.
I finished my home office space and I'm in love. I've been obsessing over it for months, so now that it's finally finished I needed something new to obsessed over-- enter this blog, which I also launched this week. I got the desk off FB marketplace, it's 90 years old and in almost perfect condition, so the fact I got it for only $200 was insane.
I got my Hobonichi Weeks & A6 Techo in for my 2027 planners, and if you are a journaling girlie you know this is a big deal. They are December starts, though, so I can't use this beauties for 3 months (ugh), but at least I secured the bag because my A6 cover sold out already (would have been devastated tbh).
Last, but not least, I've been working on a really fun Fall transition piece-- It's going to have two options within the pattern: a sleeveless tie-front tunic with a lot of positive ease for an oversize fit, and a long sleeve tie-front cardigan with a lot less positive ease for a more fitted look. Both are going to be longer, falling to just below the hips (or however long you want it). I wanted to make a sleeveless and long sleeve option since some of us are still experiencing satanic-like hot weather, while the luckier among us are starting to feel that cool Autumn Breeze (I'm dreaming of it rn).
Well, that's all for now!
Lizzy <3
Omg that desk is so dreamy!!
ReplyDeleteI have yet to read your other posts to learn about your pattern-making process; how long does it usually take you? I've only been learning to knit and seeing all the cool things people do with crochet is making me wish I learned it first instead, haha.
Welcome to Blogger! <3
Thanks, Alondra!! I'm going to keep making updates about my pattern writing process. Right now I have a full time job so realistically I can only work on them after work/weekends, so it can take me a few months. I definitely recommend trying out crochet, there are a lot of crochet techniques I use for knitting and vice versa. They really go hand in hand!
Delete