Friday, September 11, 2026

10 Crochet Sweater Patterns for Fall & Winter

So we have gone over how to choose yarns and the yarn I recommend for Fall/Winter crochet wearables, but here are some patterns I found that I would personally love to make at some point (I stay on top of Ravelry).

1. The Crochet Cable Cardigan by Katie Joslin

Yarn weight: sport
Hook size: 5.5mm
Sizes: Made to measure
Cables & crochet??? Truly insane and dying to make this. Katie, your mind!

2. Maris Cardigan by Jessica Tsung

Yarn weight: lace
Hook size: 3.5mm
Sizes: Bust measurements from 71-137cm/58-114"
The basket weave texture on this sweater is truly inspired, and the key design at the top of the ribbing-- how cute. Just from the photos and the lace weight yarn, you can tell the drape is beautiful. 

3. Rows of Flowers Sweater by Karin Eckersberg

Yarn weight: fingering
Hook size: 2mm & 3mm
Sizes: M, with modifications available for L & XL
Interlocking crochet is something I never even considered for wearables, but when I saw this pattern my jaw DROPPED. Such a unique and fresh idea! I do hope more crochet pattern designers get on the interlocking train, because this is stunning.

4. Fleur Cardigan by Sandnes Garn
Yarn weight: lace
Hook size: 4.5mm
Sizes: XXS-3XL
In Sandnes Garn we trust. Not only do they have an amazing selection of affordable yarns, but they make free patterns, too? A dream! This pattern does require knitting for the ribbing (which I feel is easier than crochet ribbing but could be easily modified with crochet instead of knit)

5. Jasmine Cardigan For Women by 1st1row

Yarn weight: lace
Hook size: 2.25mm
Sizes: S-L
This is another crochet sweater that uses knitted ribbing, and tbh, I'm not mad about it. The striped lace detail is adorable!

6. The Cold Shoulder Sweater by ByEsterah 

Yarn weight: DK or worsted
Hook size: 5mm or 6mm
Sizes: XS-XXL

Such a fun Fall/Winter staple! I haven't seen many crochet pattern with a cold shoulder, so I love this one.

7. Crochet Cardigan by NoralCrochet

Yarn weight: aran (although the yarn used (drops air) is closer to a worsted/sport)
Hook size: 3-4.5mm
Sizes: S-XL
This is such a fun chunky cardigan using a granny stitch. I would definitely make this with a strand of sport weight merino + a strand of mohair for a deep Winter sweater, and up my hook size to a 5-5.5mm.

8. Crochet Sweater Scarf by CrochetbyClarina

Yarn weight: lace or sport
Hook size: Recommended by preferred yarn
Sizes: Made to measure
Imagine walking into Pilates with this adorable sweater scarf over your matching set. A single ply merino fingering weight yarn would thrive with this piece.

9. Easy Striped Crochet Cardigan by Katie Joslin

Yarn weight: fingering
Hook size: 4.5mm
Sizes: Made to measure
Striped projects are an amazing introduction into color work, and also SO fun! 

10. Rosemarie Sweater by KKCraftShopDesigns

Yarn weight: sport
Hook size: size recommended for your yarn + hook .5mm larger than main hook
Sizes: Made to measure
Another fun striped lace pattern, but this time pullover edition. 


Happy crocheting!
Lizzy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment